On Friday, May 4, 2012, eight brave souls will each take a “pie in the face” to raise money for the American Cancer Society’s Western Loudoun Relay for Life. This year’s eight volunteers are:
- Vice Mayor Kevin Wright
- Council Member Marty Martinez
- Town Manager John Wells (pictured above with Kelly Burk in 2010)
- Department of Plan Review Director Bill Ackman
- Department of Finance Director Norm Butts
- Utility Maintenance Manager John Creamer
- Technology and Communications Committee Chair JB Anderson
- Heritage High School Athletic Director Ron Petrella
The Town of Leesburg's Relay for Life team, Government Steps, is looking for bidders to throw a pie in the face of one of these brave volunteers. The bidding begins at $50 and the highest bidder for each gets the privilege of throwing the pie. Bidding is now open through the day of the event. Interested bidders may bid by contacting Nancy Fixx at email@example.com or 703-771-2707.
All donations collected from the “Pie in the Face” event will go directly to the American Cancer Society's Western Loudoun Relay for Life.