Leesburg’s Environmental Planning program is based on 5 Town Council-adopted elements:
- Council Strategic Focus Priorities to pursue effective natural resource stewardship and build an environmentally sustainable community.
- Town Policy on the Environment to use sound environmental principals and practices, meet or exceed our environmental regulations, and educate employees and residents.
- Town Plan Natural Resource Objectives to protect the environment and quality of life.
- Zoning Ordinance and Design and Construction Manual (DCSM) through the Floodplain and Creek Valley Buffer Overlay Districts in the Zoning Ordinance and the stormwater management specifications of the DCSM.
- Town Council Resolution/Policy including the Ten Percent Energy Reduction Goal.
Contact the Environmental Planner
10% Energy Reduction Plan
Change a Light Campaign
Environmental Advisory Commission
Trash and Recycling (Keep Leesburg Beautiful campaign)
Watersheds and Stream Corridors Map